A collection of my writings from this blog (previously posted on Talk Nerdy With Us when I wrote there), and up-to-date posts from TV After Dark, where I am an original content writer, reviewer and senior editor.
I write a few opinion pieces, think-pieces and sometimes technical analyses i.e. of fighting technique and realism of it in a show
- ‘The 100’ – Civil Wars, Artificial Intelligences, and Love: the ‘Greatest Weapon’
- When Every Person Matters: The Bold Type’s Adena and Jacqueline
- A Prince Versus The Commander: A Fight to the Death
- The Importance of Minorities: It’s In the Name
- Why is Bilquis (‘American Gods’) so important—especially now.
- Girl Power: The Rise of Female Leads…Or Not.
- #TooFemale: Representation for Women in 2016
- Minority Representation: Where Are We Now?
- When Does Social Media Go Too Far?
- LGBT Fans Deserve Better* cited by Mo Ryan, Variety
- Minority? Entitlement? Bullies? I Think It’s Just Called Life-Saving
- War, Morals, Ethics and Ramifications.
- It’s hammer time: Sarah Shahi’s Shaw is back on Person of Interest…but how?
- ‘Wynonna Earp’ may just be #TooFemale’s worst nightmare, and it’s brilliant.
- Why Humanity Prevails on Person of Interest As Two AI Gods Go to War
I’m very active on social media, so I when controversy occurs or matters to discuss arise, I like to reach out to them and ask of their opinion, or indeed, write specifically to them.
- Let Me Show You How We Fought Back: Person of Interest
- Commander Lexa: There Was Never Any Weakness in You
- Person of Interest: You Are Not Interchangeable To Us
- Binge-watch ‘Wynonna Earp’ if you haven’t already: here’s why you should.
I’ve reviewed a variety of television shows, so here are samples of a) episodic reviews; b) “four episode challenges”, in which we review the show after four episodes to assess whether it’s worth the watch; c) scene stealers, for the supporting cast member who shone, aside from the lead; d) season verdicts, which is a review of a season as a whole.
- ‘Wynonna Earp’ Review [2×01]: “Steel Bars and Stone Walls” [PREMIERE]
- Emerald City Review [1×07] – “They Came First”
- ‘APB’ Review [1×01]: “Hard Reset” [PREMIERE]
- Fear the Walking Dead Review [2×09]: “Los Muertos”
- ‘The Crown’ Final Verdict, Season 1: 4 Episode Challenge
- ‘Westworld’ Final Verdict, Season 1: 4 Episode Challenge
- Stranger Things Final Verdict, Season 1: 4 Episode Challenge
- SCENE STEALER: Dominique Provost-Chalkley [Wynonna Earp, S2]
- SCENE STEALER: Alycia Debnam-Carey [Fear the Walking Dead S2]
- Season Two Verdict: ‘Wynonna Earp’ [Syfy]
- Season One Verdict: ‘The Bold Type’ [Freeform]
- Season One Verdict: ‘Westworld’ [HBO]
- Season Two Verdict: ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ [AMC]
News pieces or interviews:
Assigned to me by my news editor or my Editor-in-Chief, I do these immediately and get them posted. Regularly, they are casting news.
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN: Marvel’s New Armored Avenger Suits Up!
- Floriana Lima is Supergirl’s Maggie Sawyer in Season 2!
- Fear the Walking Dead: First Look At Its Ominous Return!
- Exclusive Interview with Power star Joseph Sikora!
- Constantin Film Have Allied With Big-Guns Mark Ordesky and Jane Fleming!
- Wynonna Earp: What We Learned at SDCC 2016!
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: Netflix Rebooted!
These are all posts that have been written for Talk Nerdy With Us, on my personal blog, or TV After Dark. Recently, I’ve been starting (as of last week!) to look around for guest article opportunities to relevant sites about subjects I pitch. Fortunately, I was heard, and Diva Magazine published my first guest article that I’d pitched. Here’s hoping to more every now and then!